We were victims of childhood abuse in our differing ways and here we'll share something of what happened to us.

Your comments and contributions are very welcome - and if you're a Survivor of childhood abuse then please, share your story with us.

And if you can, then please help us to all help each other by adding to our Links List of resources for Survivors of Abuse.

You're very welcome to leave us a Comment on a post or you can email us.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Calling graphic artists

Is there anyone out there who can help me out with a small artistic challenge?


You may have noticed that the header image has disappeared from this blog; somehow it seems to have been caught up in the recent Google blog nuking events. This would seem to be an ideal time to create a new header image that gets across the ethos of Leaving The Grey Room.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no skill in the area of graphic design and while I have several ideas I'm completely incapable of translating them into reality.

If anybody could help me with this I'd be very grateful.

3 comments:

H. T. Robert Fludd said...

Malcolm,
If you have been to:
http://radiofree.blogetery.com/
you know that I some basic Photoshop skills. If your ideas are no too technical, I would be more than happy to help you out.
Hermes
trismeg_bloger@yahoo.com

Malcolm said...

I think you underrate yours skills :)

I'm not thinking of anything wildly complicated, simplicity is often more powerful don't you think?

What the original image lacked was any sense of hope. The purpose of Leaving The Grey Room is to suggest that there is a way out of the gloom and isolation that abuse brings. The sad, solitary child is a powerful motif but I always felt there needed to be something else as well.

If that makes any sense I'd love to chat about ideas. Hope to hear from you.

All the best
Malcolm

H. T. Robert Fludd said...

Malcolm,
Please contact me at
trismeg_bloger@yahoo.com
Do you have any particular images in mind?